OAK CITY - Martin County deputies say a man has been found shot to death and another wounded in the parking lot of a convenience store in Oak City.
Investigators say it appears the men were shot somewhere else, then left at the Hess station on state Highway 125 around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say one man -- 35-year-old Walik Walker -- was declared dead at the store. Davirus Williams, 27, was taken first to Martin General Hospital and then transported to Vidant in Greenville.
Officials said Walker is from Newark, N.J., and that Williams had a Grimesland address.
Oak City Fire and Rescue, Hamilton EMS and the Martin County Sheriff Department responded.
Deputies don't have any suspects and are trying to figure out a motive for the shooting.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position