WILSON COUNTY - Family members have identified the victim of Saturday night's fatal fire.
75-year-old William Sawrey was killed when his home caught fire. An article in The Wilson Times said Sawrey's kitchen caught ablaze in the 4000 block of Weaver Road. It said the point of origin was a lit burner. The article also said that Sawrey boiled and grew peanuts and sold vegetables for Shorty's Produce, a family business.
The article said at this point, the fire does not seem to be considered suspicious. According to the article, fire crews have ruled out the source of the fire as electrical in nature due to the home's electricity having been shut off at the time. The article also said a portion of Weaver Road was closed off for a period of time due to the investigation.
Investigators in Wilson County are on the scene of a fire where one person was found dead.
Firefighters were called to the 4000 block of Weaver Road, northeast of Wilson, shortly before 7:30 p.m. Saturday, according to East Nash Fire Chief Mike Brown.
There was one fatality, Brown said.
The home is a total loss, Brown said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The victim's name has not been released.
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill
- Updated Verizon to test 5G in 11 cities
- Updated Astronomers discover 7 Earth-sized planets orbiting nearby star