NEW BERN - Charges are pending in the deadly crash that happened overnight Monday.
Investigating troopers said Melissa Dinsmore, 43, lost control, crossed a median on Highway 17 South and over corrected at around 3:40 a.m. Dinsmore's 2002 Mercury Cougar flipped over, landing on the median. The passenger, Craig Jessman, 38 of Greensburg, PA, was ejected and killed on scene. He was in the process of relocating to New Bern, according to troopers.
Dinsmore was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center. At last check, her injuries were unknown.
Troopers said charges are pending against Dinsmore and that speed was a factor.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn