NEW BERN - Charges are pending in the deadly crash that happened overnight Monday.
Investigating troopers said Melissa Dinsmore, 43, lost control, crossed a median on Highway 17 South and over corrected at around 3:40 a.m. Dinsmore's 2002 Mercury Cougar flipped over, landing on the median. The passenger, Craig Jessman, 38 of Greensburg, PA, was ejected and killed on scene. He was in the process of relocating to New Bern, according to troopers.
Dinsmore was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center. At last check, her injuries were unknown.
Troopers said charges are pending against Dinsmore and that speed was a factor.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog