FOUNTAIN - Law enforcement officials said a pickup truck driver died Tuesday after crashing into a home. That driver's identity has been released.
The home was located near Fountain at the intersection of Highway 258 and Lynch St., according to Pitt County dispatchers. Calls for the crash came in at around 7:00 a.m.
The victim was identified Wednesday as Ricky Farmer, 53, of Winton. That's in Bertie County.
The home was not occupied at the time of the crash. A neighbor heard the impact and said it sounded like an earthquake.
Troopers confirm Farmer did not own the truck. Troopers also said alcohol does not appear to be a factor, but speed is a factor.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo