MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Veterans in Eastern Carolina spent the day deep-sea fishing.
Thiry-five vets and their family and/or friends went fishing off the Carteret County Coast. The trip was free to veterans. It was sponsored by the non-profit group "On Target For Vets."
The group left the Morehead City waterfront around 8 a.m. Friday.
Veterans of all ages took part in the fishing trip.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend