GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - An elderly woman crashed her vehicle into a local Hardee's Tuesday morning, causing the restaurant to close.
Greenville Police spokesperson Kristen Hunter said an 84-year-old woman drove her Lincoln LS into the Hardee's at the corner of North Memorial Drive and Airport Road. Hunter said the accident happened before 9 a.m. Tuesday.
It's unclear what led up to the crash.
Nobody was hurt, said Hunter. The driver was given a verbal warning and received no ticket.
NewsChannel 12 went to the scene Tuesday morning and learned that the restaurant is temporarily closed.
This incident happened less than a week after an SUV crashed into a cupcake store in Morehead City. Four people were hurt, including a woman who was pinned. Police said the driver in that incident has been charged.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating