BEAUFORT COUNTY - Investigators have arrested a suspect accused of a Beaufort County car break-in.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to the vehicle break-in at about 8:30 p.m. Christmas Eve on Magnolia School Road, about 6 miles southeast of Washington.
A Highway Patrol trooper later found the suspect, 21-year-old Jodeci Michael Boomer, in a nearby field and arrested him, investigators said.
Authorities found a stolen debit card and watch on the suspect during his arrest, deputies said. The victim's pocketbook was also discovered nearby.
Boomer, of Washington, has been charged with breaking and entering a motor vehicle and misdemeanor larceny. He was being held in the Beaufort County Detention
Center on a $3,000secured bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend