BEAUFORT COUNTY - Investigators have arrested a suspect accused of a Beaufort County car break-in.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to the vehicle break-in at about 8:30 p.m. Christmas Eve on Magnolia School Road, about 6 miles southeast of Washington.
A Highway Patrol trooper later found the suspect, 21-year-old Jodeci Michael Boomer, in a nearby field and arrested him, investigators said.
Authorities found a stolen debit card and watch on the suspect during his arrest, deputies said. The victim's pocketbook was also discovered nearby.
Boomer, of Washington, has been charged with breaking and entering a motor vehicle and misdemeanor larceny. He was being held in the Beaufort County Detention
Center on a $3,000secured bond.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'