CRAVEN COUNTY - One man is dead and another is left injured after a shooting near Vanceboro Tuesday night.
The men were shot at 108 Maul Swamp Road, Cpt. Joe Heckman, of the Craven County Sheriff's Department, said.
The call came shortly before 6 p.m.
After being shot in the torso, Angelo Whitehurst walked to a home on Dawson Lane, about a quarter-mile away from the Maul Swamp Road home. Emergency crews responded there and airlifted the man to Pitt County Memorial Hospital. There has been no word yet on his condition.
Arvey Bartlett Jr., a 19-year-old former West Craven High student, was found dead at the Maul Swamp Road home.
The two could have shot each other, or another person might have shot the men; Heckman said those details were unclear.
Neither of the men live at the Maul Swamp home; it's unclear why they were there, Heckman said.
A gun, which Heckman declined to describe, was found at the scene.
Investigators took one of the victim's cars from the home; Heckman believed there were bullet holes on the car.
There is no word on motive.
- Updated How Hillary Clinton prepped for debate
- Updated Reunited at last: Elderly couple who broke hearts moved to same home
- Updated Relaunch of Galaxy Note 7 in South Korea delayed
- Updated Houston shooting: Police say they've shot suspect
- Updated Deutsche Bank shares plunge to lowest level in 20 years