VANCEBORO - A town's mayor has fired its police chief amid personnel issues.
Vanceboro mayor Chad Braxton said he fired police chief William Turner, and that the staffing change when down last month.
Turner, who had served as Vanceboro's top cop for more than three years, worked his last day on Sept. 12.
The specific details of Turner's dismissal were limited. Braxton said that officer James Jenkins will serve as interim chief until a replacement is found.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend