VANCEBORO - A town's mayor has fired its police chief amid personnel issues.
Vanceboro mayor Chad Braxton said he fired police chief William Turner, and that the staffing change when down last month.
Turner, who had served as Vanceboro's top cop for more than three years, worked his last day on Sept. 12.
The specific details of Turner's dismissal were limited. Braxton said that officer James Jenkins will serve as interim chief until a replacement is found.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race