CRAVEN COUNTY - A 72-year-old driver was injured after her van rolled several times on a Craven County highway Friday evening.
The accident happened on NC 43, just south of Spring Garden Road near New Bern.
According to the Highway Patrol, 72-year-old Mary Smith lost control of her minivan and ran off the road. The victim's van then hit a culvert in a ditch, causing the vehicle to go airborne. The van rolled, hit another culvert, and rolled several more times before coming to a stop on its side, troopers said.
Crews had to pull Smith out of the vehicle.
The victim suffered non life-threatening injuries and was airlifted to a hospital, where she was listed as stable, said investigators.
Charges have not been filed, troopers said. No other vehicle was involved in the wreck.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals