CRAVEN COUNTY - A 72-year-old driver was injured after her van rolled several times on a Craven County highway Friday evening.
The accident happened on NC 43, just south of Spring Garden Road near New Bern.
According to the Highway Patrol, 72-year-old Mary Smith lost control of her minivan and ran off the road. The victim's van then hit a culvert in a ditch, causing the vehicle to go airborne. The van rolled, hit another culvert, and rolled several more times before coming to a stop on its side, troopers said.
Crews had to pull Smith out of the vehicle.
The victim suffered non life-threatening injuries and was airlifted to a hospital, where she was listed as stable, said investigators.
Charges have not been filed, troopers said. No other vehicle was involved in the wreck.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend