COVE CITY - A man was hit and killed by a van while he was on a road directing farm equipment, the Highway Patrol said.
Jordan Quinn, 26, was hit around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on Asbury Road, about half a mile from Highway 70 near Cove City, the investigating trooper said.
A convoy of farm primers was moving along Asbury road, when Quinn decided to stand on the center lane and direct one of the primers to move ahead of the others, the investigating trooper said. But as Quinn was directing the convoy, a van on the opposite lane of the road smashed into one of the primers, before hitting Quinn.
When Quinn arrived at the hospital, he was already dead, the trooper said.
A husband and wife were in the van that hit Quinn, the trooper said. He did not reveal whether the couple was injured. Charges were pending as the investigation continued.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway