COVE CITY - A man was hit and killed by a van while he was on a road directing farm equipment, the Highway Patrol said.
Jordan Quinn, 26, was hit around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday on Asbury Road, about half a mile from Highway 70 near Cove City, the investigating trooper said.
A convoy of farm primers was moving along Asbury road, when Quinn decided to stand on the center lane and direct one of the primers to move ahead of the others, the investigating trooper said. But as Quinn was directing the convoy, a van on the opposite lane of the road smashed into one of the primers, before hitting Quinn.
When Quinn arrived at the hospital, he was already dead, the trooper said.
A husband and wife were in the van that hit Quinn, the trooper said. He did not reveal whether the couple was injured. Charges were pending as the investigation continued.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier