NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Fire officials said they are investigating what caused a fire that destroyed a minivan in Craven County.
According to the New Bern Fire Department, the blaze happened in front of a Hess gas station at 375 Highway 43. Crews got the call at about 1:04 p.m. Monday.
No one was in the minivan when it caught fire, investigators said. But the vehicle is a total loss. The people who own the van are working with their insurance company, according to fire officials.
The blaze did not spread to nearby vehicles or buildings, investigators told NewsChannel 12. They said they are looking into what caused it, but do not believe it's a case of arson.
- Updated Apartment complex warns residents about clown trying to lure kids into woods
- Updated Poké Balls pop up in front of Target stores
- Updated Generic EpiPen coming for $300, as Mylan responds to outrage
- Updated Abedin, Weiner separating after new sexting allegations
- Fitbit unveils two new fitness trackers -- including waterproof version