NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Fire crews are investigating how a van erupted in flames in downtown New Bern Thursday evening.
The van caught fire just before 6 p.m. at 210 Craven Street, near A.G. Salem & Associates, PLLC. According to the New Bern Fire Department, no one was inside the vehicle.
The fire did cause window damage to Salem & Associates. A vehicle next to the van suffered damage as well.
Fire crews said the cause of the blaze was unknown.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens