WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Power has been fully restored for more than 10,000 people in Washington Friday morning.
According to Beaufort County Emergency Director John Pack, power was fully back up and running some time before 9 a.m.
Crews were working to determine the reason for the outage that affected more than 10,000 people, Pack said. The outage could have been weather-related, but that has not been confirmed.
The Beaufort County school system was not affected because students were on a holiday break.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew