JACKSONVILLE - Representatives from the Jacksonville USO chapter hope to spruce up their building off Tallman Street.
Just recently, Marines from the 2nd Supply Battalion built shelves to help organize materials and donations the USO uses for events and deployments.
USO Assistant Director Marisa Reeder says the basement has had issues with water damage and flooding. She says future renovations could include improvements to the basement, new carpet, new windows and wiring to modernize the building.
Reeder isn't sure if that will all happen because of sequestration and the military draw down. The USO receives support from the Marine Corps and the community.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says