JACKSONVILLE - Representatives from the Jacksonville USO chapter hope to spruce up their building off Tallman Street.
Just recently, Marines from the 2nd Supply Battalion built shelves to help organize materials and donations the USO uses for events and deployments.
USO Assistant Director Marisa Reeder says the basement has had issues with water damage and flooding. She says future renovations could include improvements to the basement, new carpet, new windows and wiring to modernize the building.
Reeder isn't sure if that will all happen because of sequestration and the military draw down. The USO receives support from the Marine Corps and the community.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew