JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - The USO of North Carolina, Jacksonville Center is holding their annual holiday dinner for troops who are not able to get home.
The event was scheduled at the Jacksonville Center on Thursday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
This is a USO of North Carolina tradition that provides service members with holiday dinners for both the troops and their families.
The USO-NC staff and hundreds of volunteers plan, prepare and serve these holiday meals that will feed over 4,000 military personnel and their families.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County