U.S. Marshals arrested a man they say tried to swim away from them.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, David Milam, 30, was wanted by probation officers on an assault by strangulation charge.
When marshals approached Milam he allegedly ran toward a river in Sneads Ferry, jumped in, and attempted to swim away.
Investigators say Milam did eventually return to the shore.
He is being held in the Onslow County Dentention Center.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton