U.S. Marshals arrested a man they say tried to swim away from them.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, David Milam, 30, was wanted by probation officers on an assault by strangulation charge.
When marshals approached Milam he allegedly ran toward a river in Sneads Ferry, jumped in, and attempted to swim away.
Investigators say Milam did eventually return to the shore.
He is being held in the Onslow County Dentention Center.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches