FORT BRAGG - (AP) - A hearing is scheduled today at Fort Bragg for a U.S. Army general charged with sexual misconduct.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair is expected in court for a hearing on pre-trial motions. Sinclair faces court martial on charges that include forcible sodomy, indecent acts, violating orders and adultery. He has thus far deferred entering a plea.
The Army has rebuffed public records requests from The Associated Press for copies of motions filed in the case by the prosecution or defense. Thursday's hearing comes more than a month before the March date military judge Col. James Pohl had previously set to hear motions.
Sinclair's defense team asked Pohl last month to disqualify prosecutors over privileged emails belonging to Sinclair erroneously sent to them by criminal investigators.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says