FORT BRAGG - (AP) - A hearing is scheduled today at Fort Bragg for a U.S. Army general charged with sexual misconduct.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair is expected in court for a hearing on pre-trial motions. Sinclair faces court martial on charges that include forcible sodomy, indecent acts, violating orders and adultery. He has thus far deferred entering a plea.
The Army has rebuffed public records requests from The Associated Press for copies of motions filed in the case by the prosecution or defense. Thursday's hearing comes more than a month before the March date military judge Col. James Pohl had previously set to hear motions.
Sinclair's defense team asked Pohl last month to disqualify prosecutors over privileged emails belonging to Sinclair erroneously sent to them by criminal investigators.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms