FORT BRAGG - (AP) - A hearing is scheduled today at Fort Bragg for a U.S. Army general charged with sexual misconduct.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair is expected in court for a hearing on pre-trial motions. Sinclair faces court martial on charges that include forcible sodomy, indecent acts, violating orders and adultery. He has thus far deferred entering a plea.
The Army has rebuffed public records requests from The Associated Press for copies of motions filed in the case by the prosecution or defense. Thursday's hearing comes more than a month before the March date military judge Col. James Pohl had previously set to hear motions.
Sinclair's defense team asked Pohl last month to disqualify prosecutors over privileged emails belonging to Sinclair erroneously sent to them by criminal investigators.
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Updated Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries
- Michael Phelps secretly got married