Pamlico County - Trooper J.D. Lane with the Highway Patrol in Pamlico County says Dustin Harrison, 19, is facing reckless driving and DWI charges after he crashed an ATV on Scott Town Road near Grantsboro Saturday night.
Troopers estimate Harrison was driving 65 miles per hour in a 55 mile per hour zone. Troopers also say it was illegal for Harrison to be driving the four-wheeler on the roadway.
Harrison was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. There's no word on his condition.
Worth Cowell, 21, was a passenger on the ATV. He was not seriously hurt. Both men are also facing helmet violations.
PREVIOUS STORY: Troopers say two people were injured in a four wheeler crash Saturday night. It happened on Scott Town Road near Highway 306 in Grantsboro.
The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office says the crash happened just after 8 o'clock.
State troopers say two men were driving the four wheeler illegally on Scott Town Road when the driver crossed the center line and crashed in a ditch.
The driver was air lifted to the hospital. The other man had minor injuries. Scott Town road was shut down for about an hour Saturday night. Troopers say speed and alcohol were factors in the crash. There's no word if any charges will be filed.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday