CHAPEL HILL, ORANGE COUNTY - UNC president Tom Ross is going to Capitol Hill to discuss how colleges and universities can help veterans achieve academic success.
Ross is scheduled to testify at 10 a.m. on Thursday before the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity. He is testifying on behalf of the American Council on Education.
The hearing is entitled, "Defining and Improving Success for Student Veterans."
North Carolina has six major military installations, with the third-largest active military force in the country. It is home to 800,000 veterans.
Ross will discuss the UNC system's commitment and its progress in implementing new policies, practices, and services that are focused on fostering success for the state's growing student veteran population.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery