CHAPEL HILL - (AP) - The director of a foundation which raises money for the university's dental school said he won't release a Greensboro auditing firm's 2009 review of spending, but did provide a summary late Thursday.
The summary shows Hansbrough, the mother of former Tar Heels star Tyler Hansbrough, traveled to the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament in Atlanta in March 2009, and to an NCAA regional championship in Memphis, Tenn., later that month. Both trips were approved as legitimate fundraising efforts.
Hansbrough this week resigned her $95,000-a-year fundraising job after questions about spending on trips she took with top university fundraiser Matt Kupec.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County