CHAPEL HILL - The latest scandal confronting North Carolina's flagship public university is leading the fundraising mother of a former Tar Heel basketball star to resign over travel spending.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill said Wednesday that Tami Hansbrough resigned her job. The school suspended Hansbrough with pay this week as it looked into possibly improper travel spending using donated money.
The divorced mother of former Tar Heels basketball star Tyler Hansbrough was suspended after the resignation of Matt Kupec, a billion-dollar university fundraiser and former star quarterback.
Campus administrators are investigating trips the two took together using university funds, possibly to follow the Notre Dame basketball career of Tami Hansbrough's younger son.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Updated Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo