CHAPEL HILL - The latest scandal confronting North Carolina's flagship public university is leading the fundraising mother of a former Tar Heel basketball star to resign over travel spending.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill said Wednesday that Tami Hansbrough resigned her job. The school suspended Hansbrough with pay this week as it looked into possibly improper travel spending using donated money.
The divorced mother of former Tar Heels basketball star Tyler Hansbrough was suspended after the resignation of Matt Kupec, a billion-dollar university fundraiser and former star quarterback.
Campus administrators are investigating trips the two took together using university funds, possibly to follow the Notre Dame basketball career of Tami Hansbrough's younger son.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend