EASTERN N.C. - U.S. Rep. G.K. Butterfield is spending this week going around his eastern North Carolina district to talk about mandatory spending cuts in the federal budget.
The Democrat starts his tour Monday, speaking to students and staff of Sampson Alternative School. Later in the day, he will visit AAR Cargo Systems Corp. in Goldsboro and talk to employees about how the cuts will affect their company's business making loading systems for military and other aircraft.
Butterfield will also hold a town hall meeting Tuesday in Rocky Mount to talk about the cuts, which are also known as sequestration.
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device