EASTERN N.C. - U.S. Rep. G.K. Butterfield is spending this week going around his eastern North Carolina district to talk about mandatory spending cuts in the federal budget.
The Democrat starts his tour Monday, speaking to students and staff of Sampson Alternative School. Later in the day, he will visit AAR Cargo Systems Corp. in Goldsboro and talk to employees about how the cuts will affect their company's business making loading systems for military and other aircraft.
Butterfield will also hold a town hall meeting Tuesday in Rocky Mount to talk about the cuts, which are also known as sequestration.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria