TYRRELL COUNTY - A would-be bank robber is now in custody, Tyrrell County authorities said.
47-year-old Walter Jones was arrested Saturday night near the North Carolina-Virginia line. Jones has been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault by pointing a gun.
Jones is currently being held at the Currituck County Detention Center under a $1,000,000 bond.
Deputies in Tyrrell County have released photographs of a suspect they say attempted to rob a bank Friday.
On Friday, at 3:13 p.m., the Tyrell County 9-1-1 center received a call about the attempt at BB&T bank, located at 107 Main Street in Columbia, NC, deputies said.
No injuries were reported. Anyone with information is asked to call the Tyrrell County Sheriff's office at (252) 796-2251.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today