TYRRELL COUNTY - A would-be bank robber is now in custody, Tyrrell County authorities said.
47-year-old Walter Jones was arrested Saturday night near the North Carolina-Virginia line. Jones has been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault by pointing a gun.
Jones is currently being held at the Currituck County Detention Center under a $1,000,000 bond.
Deputies in Tyrrell County have released photographs of a suspect they say attempted to rob a bank Friday.
On Friday, at 3:13 p.m., the Tyrell County 9-1-1 center received a call about the attempt at BB&T bank, located at 107 Main Street in Columbia, NC, deputies said.
No injuries were reported. Anyone with information is asked to call the Tyrrell County Sheriff's office at (252) 796-2251.
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries
- Michael Phelps secretly got married