TYRRELL COUNTY - A would-be bank robber is now in custody, Tyrrell County authorities said.
47-year-old Walter Jones was arrested Saturday night near the North Carolina-Virginia line. Jones has been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault by pointing a gun.
Jones is currently being held at the Currituck County Detention Center under a $1,000,000 bond.
Deputies in Tyrrell County have released photographs of a suspect they say attempted to rob a bank Friday.
On Friday, at 3:13 p.m., the Tyrell County 9-1-1 center received a call about the attempt at BB&T bank, located at 107 Main Street in Columbia, NC, deputies said.
No injuries were reported. Anyone with information is asked to call the Tyrrell County Sheriff's office at (252) 796-2251.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth