WILLIAMSTON, MARTIN COUNTY - Two teenage boys in Martin County have been arrested in connection with the armed robbery of a grocery store.
According to the Williamston Police Department, the Star III Food Mart, 540 E. Main Street, was the scene of the alleged armed robbery.
Police say two black males armed with a handgun entered the store and stole an undisclosed amount of money. No injuries were reported in the incident.
Detectives identified the suspects as Tyree Devaughn'tai Williams, 16, and Daveone Marquae Swain, 17, both from Williamston. Each was arrested and charged with one count of common law robbery.
Williams faces an additional charge of resist, delay, or obstruct in an unrelated case.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew