WILLIAMSTON, MARTIN COUNTY - Two teenage boys in Martin County have been arrested in connection with the armed robbery of a grocery store.
According to the Williamston Police Department, the Star III Food Mart, 540 E. Main Street, was the scene of the alleged armed robbery.
Police say two black males armed with a handgun entered the store and stole an undisclosed amount of money. No injuries were reported in the incident.
Detectives identified the suspects as Tyree Devaughn'tai Williams, 16, and Daveone Marquae Swain, 17, both from Williamston. Each was arrested and charged with one count of common law robbery.
Williams faces an additional charge of resist, delay, or obstruct in an unrelated case.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says