WILLIAMSTON, MARTIN COUNTY - Two teenage boys in Martin County have been arrested in connection with the armed robbery of a grocery store.
According to the Williamston Police Department, the Star III Food Mart, 540 E. Main Street, was the scene of the alleged armed robbery.
Police say two black males armed with a handgun entered the store and stole an undisclosed amount of money. No injuries were reported in the incident.
Detectives identified the suspects as Tyree Devaughn'tai Williams, 16, and Daveone Marquae Swain, 17, both from Williamston. Each was arrested and charged with one count of common law robbery.
Williams faces an additional charge of resist, delay, or obstruct in an unrelated case.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'