ONSLOW COUNTY - Two Onslow high school students are facing serious charges after making threats to two schools in the county.
The first incident happened Friday; deputies say a student called in a bomb threat at Southwest Onslow High School. Kyle Szuch was arrested and charged in the incident.
The second incident happened Monday night. Deputies say a Richlands High School student posted a threatening tweet online. The school's principal, Darin Cloninger, confirmed deputies arrested the student after another student reported the threat. The student has been identified as Bryan Holley, 17.
Barry Collins with Onslow County Schools released the following statement to NewsChannel 12:
"The Onslow County Sheriff's Office arrested a Richlands High School student who posted inappropriate, threatening comments on a social media late last night. The principal has notified parents and staff. Extra security precautions are in place this morning. The campus is safe."
- Updated Aftershocks after 2 powerful quakes in central Italy
- Updated Calais Jungle: Children have 'nowhere to go'
- Updated Apple expected to launch first MacBook Pro in 4 years
- Updated After one alleged attack reported, more follow in UW-Madison sex assault case
- Updated Clinton turns to local radio in her campaign's final days