Cape Hatteras - Two kayakers had to be rescued Saturday night when they got stuck on a sandbar.
Dare County authorities called in the Coast Guard to help rescue the two people who were stranded just east of Cape Hatteras.
A helicopter was called in. It picked up the kayakers and took them Billy Mitchell Airfield where they were checked out.
The kayakers didn't have any injuries.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president