Cape Hatteras - Two kayakers had to be rescued Saturday night when they got stuck on a sandbar.
Dare County authorities called in the Coast Guard to help rescue the two people who were stranded just east of Cape Hatteras.
A helicopter was called in. It picked up the kayakers and took them Billy Mitchell Airfield where they were checked out.
The kayakers didn't have any injuries.
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: ISIS claims blast that killed 22 at Ariana Grande concert
- Updated Craven County teenager facing rape and kidnapping charges
- Pamlico County man bitten by Lone Star Tick talks about struggles
- Jacksonville couple facing felony animal cruelty charges
- Residents call foul on geese carnage