CHOCOWINITY, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Two people made it out of their Beaufort County home safely after a fire was reported.
The blaze was reported at about 3 p.m. Sunday in Chocowinity off Highway 33 in between Chocowinity and Grimesland, said officials.
Officials say the fire started in a bedroom, and was mostly contained to that room. There was smoke damage throughout the home.
There were no injuries reported.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend