GOLDSBORO - Two of the four suspects arrested in connection with the murder of a Goldsboro teen are expected to be in court Monday.
Leonard Joyner and Jerome Butts are being held without bond in the Wayne County jail. This will be the first time they will face a judge.
Goldsboro Police say the victim is believe to be missing teenager Kennedy Fitzgerald McLaurin, Jr.
His remains were found in the Seven Springs area of Wayne County on Sept. 9.
Curtis Omar Etheredge, 17, turned himself in to the Goldsboro Police Department, police said.
Etheredge joins three other people already charged with McLaurin's murder.
Authorities have arrested Leonard Eugene Joyner, 19-year-old Jerome Jilah Butts, and 18-year-old Kevin Edwards Smith.
McLaurin was reported missing Sept. 9. An Amber Alert was issued for the teen. But in a news conference, Goldsboro police said the case had turned into a homicide investigation.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race