ONSLOW COUNTY - Onslow County authorities have made two more arrests in connection with the murder of a Richlands woman.
NewsChannel 12 first told you last month about the murder of 20 year old Kandance Rose Hernandez. The woman's husband, 24-year-old Juan Hernandez, a Marine Corps deserter, is charged with the murder.
On Thursday, investigators filed charges against 21-year-old Zachary James Stewart of Midway Park and 20-year-old Jaime Carter Hernandez of Jacksonville.
Stewart is charged with being an accessory after a murder. Jaime Hernandez is charged with felony possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Investigators say Stewart assisted Juan Hernandez by covering up evidence of the murder. They say they found drugs in Jaime Hernandez' room in the house during the murder investigation.
Zachary James Stewart is in the Onslow County Jail under a $100,000 bond. Jaime Carter Hernandez is in jail under a $2,500 bond.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew