ONSLOW COUNTY - Onslow County authorities have made two more arrests in connection with the murder of a Richlands woman.
NewsChannel 12 first told you last month about the murder of 20 year old Kandance Rose Hernandez. The woman's husband, 24-year-old Juan Hernandez, a Marine Corps deserter, is charged with the murder.
On Thursday, investigators filed charges against 21-year-old Zachary James Stewart of Midway Park and 20-year-old Jaime Carter Hernandez of Jacksonville.
Stewart is charged with being an accessory after a murder. Jaime Hernandez is charged with felony possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Investigators say Stewart assisted Juan Hernandez by covering up evidence of the murder. They say they found drugs in Jaime Hernandez' room in the house during the murder investigation.
Zachary James Stewart is in the Onslow County Jail under a $100,000 bond. Jaime Carter Hernandez is in jail under a $2,500 bond.
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill
- Updated Verizon to test 5G in 11 cities
- Updated Astronomers discover 7 Earth-sized planets orbiting nearby star