Two teens accused of a drive-by shooting near D.H. Conley High School appeared in court Monday.
C-Allah Mysun Coombs Jr., 17, was arrested on Friday and Jeffrey Charles Gough, 17, was arrested Saturday, according to warrants from the Pitt County Sheriff"s Office. Both suspects are juniors at J.H. Rose High School, according to officials.
Coombs remains in jail under a $25,000 while Gough has bonded out of jail. Gough's next court appearance is scheduled for May 1.
Warrants show that Coombs was the alleged shooter who discharged a .45 caliber handgun into D.H. Conley High School, while students were inside, on April 9. Deputies said the shots were fired from off school grounds, near the entrance of the school on Worthington Road.
Investigators said three shots were fired, but no one was injured.
According to warrants, both suspects knowingly possessed a .45 caliber handgun on the property of J.H. Rose High School. They then left J.H. Rose property and fired from a vehicle at D.H. Conley, said a spokesperson with the Sheriff's Office.
Gough was the driver of that vehicle, warrants stated.
Coombs has been charged with discharging a weapon into occupied property (felony), having a gun on educational property (felony), and going armed to the terror of people (misdemeanor).
Gough has been charged with accessory after the fact (felony) and having gun on educational property (felony).
Pitt County Schools released the following state Monday.
"In accordance with federal law, we cannot discuss specific student matters. However, we take student and staff safety very seriously and work hand-in-hand with law enforcement anytime a serious issue arises.
"In addition, school policies allow for short and long term suspensions of students when necessary to maintain order and safety in our schools. We are all relieved that nobody was injured last week and thankful that our local law enforcement and school officials acted so swiftly and utilized numerous resources to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
"We are pleased to say that we know of no current safety issues at D.H. Conley High School."