COLUMBIA, TYRRELL COUNTY - A Tyrrell County Deputy was conducting a vehicle unlock Monday night when a citizen approached him, claiming he had just been robbed. The victim claimed the incident happened at the intersection of Fonsoe and Railroad street in Columbia.
Two suspects were then identified by the deputy after an investigation.
Two search warrants were executed in Columbia, at different addresses, where Jimmie T. Childress, 24, and Daquan Spencer, 21, were taken into custody.
Both men face charges of common law robbery, breaking and entering, false imprisonment, misdemeanor larceny, and assault and battery. Both Childress and Spencer were placed in the Washington Detention Center under a $10,000 secured bond.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals