NEW BERN - Two men from Eastern North Carolina were sentenced on Thursday to lengthy terms in federal prison.
Allen Gerome Gibbs, 38, of Bayboro was sentenced to 189 months in prison. Jessie Lee Pearson, 36, of Greenville was sentenced to 141 months.
Pearson was involved in a shipment of 14 kilograms of cocaine that was seized in Pamlico County in July 2011.
Gibbs sold cocaine to informants in Craven and Pamlico Counties several times from 2011 to 2012.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings