NEW BERN - Two men from Eastern North Carolina were sentenced on Thursday to lengthy terms in federal prison.
Allen Gerome Gibbs, 38, of Bayboro was sentenced to 189 months in prison. Jessie Lee Pearson, 36, of Greenville was sentenced to 141 months.
Pearson was involved in a shipment of 14 kilograms of cocaine that was seized in Pamlico County in July 2011.
Gibbs sold cocaine to informants in Craven and Pamlico Counties several times from 2011 to 2012.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere