NEW BERN - Two men from Eastern North Carolina were sentenced on Thursday to lengthy terms in federal prison.
Allen Gerome Gibbs, 38, of Bayboro was sentenced to 189 months in prison. Jessie Lee Pearson, 36, of Greenville was sentenced to 141 months.
Pearson was involved in a shipment of 14 kilograms of cocaine that was seized in Pamlico County in July 2011.
Gibbs sold cocaine to informants in Craven and Pamlico Counties several times from 2011 to 2012.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says