WASHINGTON - Two women are charged with embezzling money from an elderly woman, Washington police said Wednesday.
29-year-old Crystal Nobles and 28-year-old Louise Taylor, both of Chocowinity, were arrested Dec. 20. Police said the pair embezzled a large mount of money from an elderly woman whom they cared for. Police said they recovered some of the money, and additional charges maybe filed pending an investigation.
Nobles and Taylor were placed in the Beaufort County Jail under $50,000 bonds pending court appearances.
Police said the victim's identity is being withheld due to safety reasons.
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston
- Updated Report: Marlins pitcher's body had strong alcohol odor