CARTERET COUNTY - Three people survived a violent, two-vehicle crash Sunday night in Carteret County.
The scene was Highway 24 at Hibbs Road, near Newport.
The crash happened at approximately 9:10 p.m.
Christina Della Cava, of Newport, was driving east on Hwy. 24 and failed to yield to oncoming traffic as she tried to turn left onto Hibbs Rd., according to the investigating trooper.
Lynwood Wiggins Jr. was driving west on Hwy. 24; his vehicle collided with Cava's, the trooper said.
Wiggins was taken to Carteret General Hospital with broken bones but is in stable condition, troopers said.
Cava and her daughter were not hurt.
Both vehicles involved now considered a total loss.
Cava was cited with failure to yield.
The road was closed for approximately one hour, and has since reopened.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact