Two people are accused of trafficking opium in the Hubert area of Onslow County. Deputies arrested Hatem Goodam, 17, and Shelly Chambers, 52, both of Hubert, following a three-month investigation.
Investigators said they purchased more than 100 oxycodone pills from the pair. Goodam was also charged with selling marijuana to officers during the investigation.
Goodam is held on $605,000 bond. Bond for Chambers was set at $535,000. Both face a long list of drug charges.
Naval Criminal Investigative Service aboard Camp Lejeune worked with the Onslow County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Unit to make the arrests.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals