Two people are accused of trafficking opium in the Hubert area of Onslow County. Deputies arrested Hatem Goodam, 17, and Shelly Chambers, 52, both of Hubert, following a three-month investigation.
Investigators said they purchased more than 100 oxycodone pills from the pair. Goodam was also charged with selling marijuana to officers during the investigation.
Goodam is held on $605,000 bond. Bond for Chambers was set at $535,000. Both face a long list of drug charges.
Naval Criminal Investigative Service aboard Camp Lejeune worked with the Onslow County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Unit to make the arrests.
- Updated Adnan Syed, subject of 'Serial' podcast, wants out on bail
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center