Two people are accused of trafficking opium in the Hubert area of Onslow County. Deputies arrested Hatem Goodam, 17, and Shelly Chambers, 52, both of Hubert, following a three-month investigation.
Investigators said they purchased more than 100 oxycodone pills from the pair. Goodam was also charged with selling marijuana to officers during the investigation.
Goodam is held on $605,000 bond. Bond for Chambers was set at $535,000. Both face a long list of drug charges.
Naval Criminal Investigative Service aboard Camp Lejeune worked with the Onslow County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Unit to make the arrests.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew