BEAUFORT COUNTY - The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office arrested two people on various drug charges.
Walter Keel, 35, and Allie Claiborne, 20, were arrested on Sept. 19, according to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office. They say the arrests stemmed from a traffic stop on Keel's vehicle, in which Claiborne was a passenger. During that search, investigators say they found 26 dosage units of heroin and used syringes.
Also in the month of September, investigators said they purchased prescription pain medication from Keel. As a result, investigators said they seized 23 dosage units of Hydrocodone.
Walter Keel was charged with trafficking in opiates by possession, trafficking in opiates by transportation, two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver schedule III controlled substance, possession with intent to sell and deliver heroin, maintaining a vehicle to facilitate drug activity and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Allie Claiborne was charged with possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Both are being held in the Beaufort County Detention Center.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters