Beaufort County deputies arrested two people Thursday on charges that they conspired to sell drugs.
The suspects are William Whichard, 20, and Danielle Baker, 20, both from Chocowinity.
The two were found parked in a Lowes parking lot in Washington with a small child in the backseat.
Investigators said they found pills on Baker and Whichard.
They also searched the car and allegedly found 66 dosages of oxycodone and marijuana, along with some syringes in the backseat next to the child.
The child was placed in the custody of a family member.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte