Beaufort County deputies arrested two people Thursday on charges that they conspired to sell drugs.
The suspects are William Whichard, 20, and Danielle Baker, 20, both from Chocowinity.
The two were found parked in a Lowes parking lot in Washington with a small child in the backseat.
Investigators said they found pills on Baker and Whichard.
They also searched the car and allegedly found 66 dosages of oxycodone and marijuana, along with some syringes in the backseat next to the child.
The child was placed in the custody of a family member.
- Updated Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations
- Updated Sheriff's Office searching for missing Greenville teen
- New Yorkers rally to say, 'Today I am a Muslim, too'
- Local businesses teaming up to feed hungry at Empty Bowls event
- Global arms trade hits highest level since end of Cold War