KINSTON - An undercover drug operation involving four law enforcement agencies leads to the arrest of two people.
Lorenza Peacock and Laquana Sanders were both arrested on heroin charges.
Officials say an undercover officer with the Craven County Sheriff's Office bought 5 bricks of heroin from Peacock during a "buy-bust" operation in Kinston Monday night.
When officers went to arrest Peacock, he led them on a car chase, with Sanders in the car.
Each baggy of heroin was valued at 7 to 10 dollars each.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.