KINSTON - An undercover drug operation involving four law enforcement agencies leads to the arrest of two people.
Lorenza Peacock and Laquana Sanders were both arrested on heroin charges.
Officials say an undercover officer with the Craven County Sheriff's Office bought 5 bricks of heroin from Peacock during a "buy-bust" operation in Kinston Monday night.
When officers went to arrest Peacock, he led them on a car chase, with Sanders in the car.
Each baggy of heroin was valued at 7 to 10 dollars each.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day