MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Two men are behind bars for allegedly luring and beating another man with a baseball bat in a robbery.
It happened near Professional Park Apartments off Bridges Street in Morehead City about 4:40 a.m. Sunday.
Morehead City Police say Tyler Guiendon and Alonzo Hart, both 20, beat Jeremy Joyce, 21, with a bat and robbed him.
According to the victim's father, John Joyce, his son sustained multiple facial fractures and a gash on the back of the head. He is being evaluated by a plastic surgeon for reconstructive surgery.
Joyce is recovering at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Guiendon is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and robbery with a dangerous weapon for allegedly beating Joyce. He is under a $500,000 bond.
Guiendon has an extensive criminal history, which includes assaults, larcenies, driving while impaired and drug charges.
Alonzo Hart is under a $5,000 bond.
Morehead City police are continuing their investigation into the incident.
- HAPPENING TODAY: New Bern Christmas Parade starts at 3 p.m.
- One suspect arrested after three separate Pitt County break-ins
- Christmas float catches fire after 'Grinch' flicks cigarette
- Longtime Hillary Clinton staffer mulls lieutenant governor run in Virginia
- Police: Student stabs, kills University of Southern California professor