BEAUFORT - A Beaufort couple was arrested today in connection to the theft of $30,000 worth of jewelry after members of the Pine Knoll Shores Police Department and the Carteret County Sheriff's Office conducted a search warrant Tuesday morning at a residence at Merrimon Road in Beaufort.
Alyssa Marie Nelson, 21, was arrested and charged with felony larceny and felony conspiracy. Her boyfriend, Clyde Wendell Johnson Jr., 22, was charged with felony conspiracy, according to a news release from the Pine Knoll Shores Police Department.
The charges stem from a larceny of jewelry valued at more than $30,000, the release said. According to police, the larceny occured Oct. 26 at a residence on Oakleaf Drive in the town. No break-in was involved in the larceny, but no further information is being released due to the ongoing investigation, police Capt. Ryan Thompson said Tuesday.
Nelson was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $10,000 bond and Johnson was placed in the jail under a $3,000 bond.
They are scheduled for a first appearance in court Wednesday.
COPYRIGHT TO JDNEWS.COM
ORIGINAL STORY AT:
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return