The Pitt County Schools recently put the "Biodiesel 4 Schools" program into action.
Local restaurants can either donate or sell their used cooking oil to the schools.
That waste oil can then be converted into biodiesel that will eventually power most Pitt County School buses.
There are about 175 participating restaurants in Pitt County.
Kentucky Fried Chicken is one of the latest to get onboard.
As a thank you, KFC received a rebate for $1,000, in which they decided to donate all of that money to northwest elementary school.
- Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station