CARTERET COUNTY - The Town of Atlantic Beach announced Tuesday it will delay its annual fireworks show until July 5th at 9pm.
The town says it made the change due to weather forecasts for July 4th.
The Independence Day celebration will be held at 9 p.m. on Saturday, July 5th, in the Circle of Atlantic Beach.
As of now, Emerald Isle says its fireworks are still planned for Friday night at 9 p.m.
Town Manager Frank Rush says that town officials, the Pier owner, and the pyrotechnic company will talk again on Thursday morning to decide whether or not to move the show to Saturday, July 5.
Cape Lookout National Seashore says that it will close to the public at 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
Park facilities including the Visitor Centers in Beaufort and Harkers Island will be closed on Wednesday at 5 p.m. and until further notice as well.
The National Park Service has ordered ferry operations to evacuate visitors and vehicles from the seashore by 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 2.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns