RALEIGH - North Carolina Republicans have hired Donald Trump to speak at the party's state convention in June.
The GOP says Trump will give the keynote address at 7 p.m. June 1 to kick off the three-day event in Greensboro.
State GOP Party Chairman Robin Hayes says the real estate mogul and reality TV start is the perfect person to talk to Republicans about entrepreneurship and job creation.
Hayes says Trump's appearance should bring a unique energy and excitement to the event.
The Democratic National Convention is coming to Charlotte in September.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death