RALEIGH - North Carolina Republicans have hired Donald Trump to speak at the party's state convention in June.
The GOP says Trump will give the keynote address at 7 p.m. June 1 to kick off the three-day event in Greensboro.
State GOP Party Chairman Robin Hayes says the real estate mogul and reality TV start is the perfect person to talk to Republicans about entrepreneurship and job creation.
Hayes says Trump's appearance should bring a unique energy and excitement to the event.
The Democratic National Convention is coming to Charlotte in September.
- Updated Why Kansas killing won't end American dream for many Indians
- Updated Kim Jong Nam killing suspects to be charged with murder, minister says
- Updated Chile floods: Millions without access to drinking water
- Parents of Los Angeles Laker player to present $25,000 check
- America's favorite retailer is...