RALEIGH - North Carolina Republicans have hired Donald Trump to speak at the party's state convention in June.
The GOP says Trump will give the keynote address at 7 p.m. June 1 to kick off the three-day event in Greensboro.
State GOP Party Chairman Robin Hayes says the real estate mogul and reality TV start is the perfect person to talk to Republicans about entrepreneurship and job creation.
Hayes says Trump's appearance should bring a unique energy and excitement to the event.
The Democratic National Convention is coming to Charlotte in September.
- Updated Christian bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' lose discrimination appeal
- Updated Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Singer Kellie Pickler's father arrested in eastern N.C.
- Spidey-strength: Aussie arachnid carts off mouse-sized snack
- Battle for Mosul: How ISIS is fighting to keep its Iraqi stronghold