A truck crashed into the corner of a Craven County home on the same day that the homeowner died.
The vehicle was traveling too fast when it turned from George Street onto Bern Street, New Bern Police said. The driver over-corrected and crashed into the corner of the home at 609 Bern Street at about 8:00 p.m. Friday. The brick foundation of the home was damaged.
According to police, two men were inside the truck, and one of them hit his head hard on the wind shield and left a hole. He was taken to a hospital.
Alcohol may have been a factor in the crash, police said. Because of a language barrier, the identities of the two men were unknown.
According to neighbors, the house that the truck crashed into belonged to a 95-year-old woman, who passed away Friday morning.
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso