ATLANTIC OCEAN - What could be the first hurricane of the 2013 Atlantic Hurricane season has formed.
The eighth named storm of the season has formed in the far eastern Atlantic Ocean. Tropical Storm Humberto was upgraded at about 5 a.m. Monday. It is currently located almost 4,000 miles to the east of North Carolina's shoreline and is not expected to threaten any part of the United States.
Humberto may become the first hurricane of the season. It is expected to be a "fish storm" that will remain closer to Africa, with no immediate threat to the United States.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump