JONES COUNTY - A driver loses control of his pick-up truck, runs off the road and the vehicle rolls over, according to troopers. Officials at the scene say rain and slick roads may have contributed to the wreck.
Curtis Carawan ,19, of Pollocksville, was driving on Highway 17 Southbound, just before the Simmons Loop Road intersection in Jones County, when he lost control of his Nissan pick-up truck. Officials say the wreck happened just before 9p.m. Tuesday. Troopers say the truck rolled once or twice.
Alcohol and speed were not factors in the accident, troopers said.
Carawan was transported to Carolina East Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend