JONES COUNTY - A driver loses control of his pick-up truck, runs off the road and the vehicle rolls over, according to troopers. Officials at the scene say rain and slick roads may have contributed to the wreck.
Curtis Carawan ,19, of Pollocksville, was driving on Highway 17 Southbound, just before the Simmons Loop Road intersection in Jones County, when he lost control of his Nissan pick-up truck. Officials say the wreck happened just before 9p.m. Tuesday. Troopers say the truck rolled once or twice.
Alcohol and speed were not factors in the accident, troopers said.
Carawan was transported to Carolina East Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death
- Syria barrel bomb attack: At least 16 killed at wake in Aleppo