LENOIR COUNTY - Troopers say a driver spilled her coffee and then rear-ended a truck pulling tobacco trailers in Lenoir County Friday morning.
According to the Highway Patrol, the wreck happened at about 7:40 a.m. on Highway 11 near Harvey Rouse Road, just west of Grifton.
Troopers said 33-year-old Tracy Hollingsworth was driving her vehicle when she spilled her cup of coffee. The distraction caused her to rear-end a truck pulling tobacco trailers, investigators explained.
Both vehicles then went into a ditch with water, said troopers.
Two people in the truck suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital, troopers said. Hollingsworth was not taken to a hospital.
Troopers said Hollingsworth has been charged with failure to reduce speed.
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- New Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Updated Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures
- Updated Trump rally: CEOs of Dow companies make $400 million
- Updated Tryon Palace director no longer serving position