--GREENVILLE - Troopers continue to search for the hit-and-run driver who killed a man on Highway 33 and N. Memorial Saturday morning.
Trooper David Swanson said a man discovered the body while walking along the road about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The victim has been identified as 20-year-old Austin Baeza of Mooresville. Baeza was buried Wednesday morning at St. Therese Catholic Church in Mooresville.
Pitt Community College officials confirm Baeza was enrolled to start classes this fall semester through their Transfer Student program.
Swanson saud investigators believe the hit-and-run happened around 5 a.m. Saturday.
Trooper Sales said the car authorities are looking for is a gray or silver Chrysler vehicle. The vehicle involved would be missing a radio antenna, a right mirror and have front headlight damage.
There are no suspects at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pitt-Greenville Crime Stoppers at 252-758-7777. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $5,000.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms