--GREENVILLE - Troopers continue to search for the hit-and-run driver who killed a man on Highway 33 and N. Memorial Saturday morning.
Trooper David Swanson said a man discovered the body while walking along the road about 9:30 a.m. Saturday. The victim has been identified as 20-year-old Austin Baeza of Mooresville. Baeza was buried Wednesday morning at St. Therese Catholic Church in Mooresville.
Pitt Community College officials confirm Baeza was enrolled to start classes this fall semester through their Transfer Student program.
Swanson saud investigators believe the hit-and-run happened around 5 a.m. Saturday.
Trooper Sales said the car authorities are looking for is a gray or silver Chrysler vehicle. The vehicle involved would be missing a radio antenna, a right mirror and have front headlight damage.
There are no suspects at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Pitt-Greenville Crime Stoppers at 252-758-7777. Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $5,000.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed