LENOIR COUNTY - Troopers said they believe a medical condition killed a driver and caused him to crash into a Lenoir County home.
According to investigators, 78-year-old Richard Fordham crashed his truck into a home on Grainger Station Road, north of Kinston, at about 7 a.m. Wednesday. Fordham was found dead at the scene, troopers said.
Investigators said they believed a medical condition killed the victim, not the crash. But they said they were unsure what the condition was.
The crash caused about $500 in damage to the home, the man who lives there told NewsChannel 12.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting