LENOIR COUNTY - Troopers said they believe a medical condition killed a driver and caused him to crash into a Lenoir County home.
According to investigators, 78-year-old Richard Fordham crashed his truck into a home on Grainger Station Road, north of Kinston, at about 7 a.m. Wednesday. Fordham was found dead at the scene, troopers said.
Investigators said they believed a medical condition killed the victim, not the crash. But they said they were unsure what the condition was.
The crash caused about $500 in damage to the home, the man who lives there told NewsChannel 12.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says